Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving message from Huckabee

Thanksgiving is a special day for our nation. It is a day to give thanks for the bounty we have been so blessed to receive. It is also a day to give thanks and offer prayers for our military. As I sit down to enjoy Thanksgiving with family and friends, I find myself thinking of all the things we have to be thankful for.

I give thanks that I am an American, free to live and worship as I choose, free to speak my mind on important issues and free to travel where I choose when I choose. We truly are a land of plenty. Our nation and our people have been blessed with a standard of living unprecedented in the history of mankind.

Although we recognize that these are challenging times, and that millions of Americans are suffering from unemployment, let us gather together on this special day, enjoy our families and friends and say a special prayer for our country and its people. May we remain the land of freedom.

No comments: